Victoria is the second most popular state in Australia, with gambling a favourite pastime of many people over the past few decades. At first, people were extremely fond of horse racing in this region; however, over several years, the interests of people changed and slot machines became more popular among Victoria residents.
People began spending their time and money trying to win lotteries and playing slot machines to earn extra money. Because of the rising popularity and interest in gambling among people, many land-based casinos came up in Victoria.
As time progressed and gambling became more famous and widespread, the government imposed gambling laws and legislation to keep things controlled. Here’s what you should know about the gambling laws in Victoria.
Gambling laws in Victoria, Australia
The Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation controls the gambling laws in Victoria, Australia. The Gambling Regulation Act of 2003 was begun with the objective to cultivate legal gambling in Victoria and to attain the following objectives:
- To reduce the possibility of potential harm caused due to gambling among players.
- To make sure that people who are less than 18 years of age don’t indulge in gambling.
- To ascertain that gaming machines offer fair gaming.
It is completely safe to play at brick-and-mortar casinos in Victoria, Australia as the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation makes sure that casinos and gamers follow all the gambling laws and rules laid for Victoria.
Players should not worry about fraudulent activities if they are playing at an authorized land-based casino as they are safe to play. However, if you think that you are not being treated fairly or you encounter any issues, you can check with any of the agencies that deal with gambling laws in Victoria.
Land-Based Casinos In Victoria, Australia
There are many popular brick-and-mortar casinos in Victoria, Australia, a few of which include:
- Crown Casino: Victoria hosts one of the most well-known land-based casinos called the Crown Casino, which was founded in 1994. The casino houses more than two thousand slot machines and about 350 classic table games including poker, blackjack, roulette, and many other popular casino games. People who like playing for real money can select from the large selection of games including almost all popular titles. Other games such as sic bo, three-card poker, and big wheel are also available to players at this casino. In addition, to enjoying their favourite games, players can also take advantage of the luxurious ambience and leisure in their restaurants and five-star accommodation. In addition, the Crown Complex includes shopping venues and entertainment places that cover a huge area, thus making it one of the biggest complexes in the world.
- The Millers Inn: This is a small 9-room hotel with a casino at which gamers can choose from about 70 slot machines and play their favourite casino games.
- The Skyways Tavern: This is also a small casino with around 100 slot machines but it does not have any table games. This casino is linked with a restaurant and a bar. So, if you are only looking to play pokies with your friends and want to enjoy dinner and drinks as well, this is the best casino to check out. This casino is also famous for its exceptional customer care service.
The Popularity of Online Casinos in Victoria
Although there are several land-based casinos in Victoria, many players prefer playing in the comfort of their homes. Playing at online casinos has its own advantages for players. First, almost all online casinos offer an exclusive welcome bonus to their players, and second, players can concentrate on their playing while sitting in their cosy room while enjoying their drinks.
Best Casinos - September 2023
Online Casino Laws in Victoria
The Interactive Gambling Act (IGA) of 2001 governs online gambling laws in Victoria, Australia. According to IGA, citizens of Victoria can create an account at overseas online casinos and place a legal bet. Since gambling laws are flexible for Aussies, a majority of people spend their time playing their favourite slots and earning money.
There are many online casinos nowadays that offer gaming services to casino buffs; however, it is important that you select only certified online casinos in order to safeguard yourself and your funds from irresponsible gaming and deceitful actions.
If you are looking to earn big, you can look for the best and highest-paying online casinos and create your account there to get started.
Choose the Safest and Best Online Casinos in Victoria
It is worth noting that although Aussies are allowed to play at online casinos, they won’t get assistance from the Australian Government should they get trapped in any fraudulent activities. This makes it extremely important for casino buffs to carefully review the online casino before making a real money deposit in order for them to have a safe and happy experience.
The majority of reputed and safe online casinos are certified by trustworthy agencies such as Curacao, Malta Gaming Authority, and others. Do your research and make the best decision for yourself.
If you living in Victoria and you are planning to play at online casinos, you will be delighted to know that all your earnings will be tax-free since gambling is regarded as an entertaining activity in Australia.
The Future of Online Casinos in Victoria!
The future is promising for Aussie players and they can find more online casinos in the coming years with great gaming possibilities. With the introduction of more online casinos, there will be chances for more competition among casino owners, which will surely be in favour of players in terms of welcome bonuses, perks, and other attractive offers.