The prestigious Global Gaming Awards reached their seventh year of success this year. The gaming award event was run by the esteemed B2B gaming publication Gambling Insider and G2E. KPMG Isle of Man independently adjudicated the awards.
The Global Gaming Awards have gained popularity all over the globe and now they are counted as one of the most trustworthy award events. Usually, the event kicks off with great grandeur at G2E Las Vegas, but this year the event was held virtually because of the restrictions posed by the pandemic, Covid 19.
These awards are conducted to identify and honour the innovative and creative gaming technologies that are continuously changing the gaming world for the better. We all know how the face of Internet gambling has changed in the last few years. Professional casino players also play at real money casinos and enjoy great wins.
The contest was open until August 31, 2020, and the winners were announced recently, in October 2020. The winners were published in the November issue of Global Gaming Business magazine. This year, the authorities decided to send the award to the winning contestants directly because of the constraints imposed due to the corona pandemic.
Revealing the Winners of the Global Gaming Awards Las Vegas 2020
An esteemed panel of judges conducted a stringent voting procedure, which included a self-nomination option and opinion from the nomination panel and the Gambling Insider team to announce the winners of the Global Gaming Awards 2020. The chief executives and CEOs from the world voted online for the event. These votes were audited by KPMG.
Aristocrat: This year, Aristocrat Software, (an Australian software provider of land-based pokies) bagged awards in three categories. The first award was the Land-based Industry Supplier of the Year Award, which was sponsored by Global Payments. The second award was the Land-based Product of the Year, which is sponsored by 1xBet. And, the third award was the Slot of the Year Award, which was sponsored by FABICash.
Scientific Games: They won two prestigious awards from GGA this year. The first is the Digital Product of the Year, which was sponsored by Synergy Blue. The other was the Product Innovation of the Year, which was sponsored by the Newgioco Group.
IGT: IGT won awards in three different categories: Digital Product, which was sponsored by Synergy Blue; Land-based Industry supplier, which was sponsored by Global Payments; and Product Innovation, which was sponsored by Newgioco Group.
Seminole Gaming: This Company also bagged more than one award in different categories. They received the Land-based Operator of the year Award, which was sponsored by IGT; and the Property of the Year Award, which was sponsored by Scientific Games.
Rush Street Interactive: They took their first award in the 2020 GGA event. It is the Digital Operator of the Year category, which was sponsored by Connective Games.
MGM Resorts International: They have won the Customer Loyalty Program of the Year Award, sponsored by Interblock.
Several other gaming companies won GGA awards including the ‘Digital Industry Supplier of the Year’ category award by Evolution. GeoComply won the Responsible Business of the Year award.
The Nominations In Six Categories
The Global Gaming Awards put forward nominations in six categories including best consumer-service technology, best guest health & safety product (new category), best productivity-enhancement technology, best slot product, best interactive product, and best table-game product or innovation.
- Best Guest Health and Safety Product: This category was introduced in the wake of covid-19 that has shaken the world. This is a new category and it identifies the products and services that can ensure the users that they are protected from the virus.
- Best Consumer-Service Technology: This category of awards is for the products and technologies that impact the users such as reservations systems, increased kiosks, or any other user-friendly device.
- Best Productivity: Enhancement Technology: This category of awards is for technology or equipment that has made the work quicker and smoother. It can be an employee communications device or an online accounting system.
- Best Slot Product: This category of award identifies the new or updated slot that has been the most popular slots amongst the players.
- Best Table-Game Product or Innovation: Players who play at online casinos not only prefer playing slots but table games as well. All thanks to the innovation in this gaming section. This is why the GGA has offered nominations in this category to identify the most creative developments in this area.
- Best Interactive Product: This category of awards is for developing technology or tools that link users with online and land-based gaming platforms.
The Global Gaming Awards were judged by numerous well-known celebrities including Gerhard Burda, President, and CEO of ESCAPES Advisory Services; Skyelar Perkins, Corporate Slot Director at Choctaw Casinos; Frank Neborsky, General Manager of the Downs at Albuquerque; Cliff Paige, Slot Director at South Point Casino Resort, Las Vegas; Rob Russell, Gaming Analyst at Regulatory Management Counselors, P.C.; and Claudia Winkler, President of GHI Solutions.
The Global Gaming Awards event has become trustworthy and prestigious in the gambling industry in the last few years. With the popularity of gambling all over the world, more and more people are turning to casinos to enjoy gaming and earn great winnings.
Online casinos are also gaining recognition amongst professional players because of their reliability, bonuses, and a great collection of games. Online gaming also offers comfort and convenience to players.